Cestus Re-opened

Karel

07-11-2007 10:54:11

Hey folks,

This is a rather introductory post from me, I hope this thread will continue to grow as our house gets more members.

For those that don't know me, I'm Karel Tarentae, I've been in the DB for little over 2 years, and just recently I was offered the chance to lead Cestus. That's all you really need to know about me, because the rest you'll find out for yourselves :P Actually, that's what this thread is all about. Getting to know one another. We're only 8 people right now (11/07) but as we grow, I want everyone to get acquainted with each other and if possible, form some friendships. After all, that's why Cestus was re-opened. Smaller houses = tighter groups. I want this group to respect this rule, but I can only do so much. The rest is up to the members.

So...I want every member of the house to post in this thread his thoughts about what Cestus should be about. What made you join Cestus? What would you like to participate in? What are your interests? Mere guidelines actually, just write the first thing that comes to your mind when you think about our new house. Anything goes, as long as nobody gets hurt :P

Kazarelth

07-11-2007 11:06:08

Dark Greetings, friends.

I am Kazarelth Talismarr, Dark Jedi Knight of the Krath Order and the Aedile of this House. Before this I led the Battle Team Praxeum, and I've been in the DB for around a year.
I am primarily a writer, and I like writing all kinds of fiction.

I second Karel's saying. This group should be a tight and close House. We have all the time in the world to get to know each other, and this is a great way to do the same.
Also, for those who use IRC, we could get to know each other on #tarentum, of course :)

I'd love to participate and make fiction competitions. If anyone has any ideas for them (as of now), just throw me a mail about your idea and we'll work together. Alternatively we can discuss it here, in a new thread. So, well... start posting :P

smoke20

07-11-2007 15:14:58

hello fellow Cestus's,

A few will remeber espically Karel.....

Ive been a member for a few years, and am still pretty much dedicated to this clan and club.

Primarily Im a gamer, I will do an occasional writing assigment from time to time.
So what all can I say....hummmm.

My previous time has been spent serving this clan twice as QUA of Tridens, and as AED. I was also a member of two different battleteams both in Tridens. I was also a AED and QUA of House of Oriens Obscurum of Clan Arcona. I was also the Gaming Night Tribune.

Im back to help with what I can....

#4334 SBL Ma'ar-Tyrius Ga-Tir
aka : Smoke20

Seth En-Saeur

02-12-2007 04:18:55

Dark Greetings all,

I'm rather new to the entire Brotherhood but I was transferred to Cestus from Tridens. I look forward to talking to each one of you. I am primarily a writer but I do game from time to time in JO and JA. I love to write fiction both for competitions as well as just to develop my character. I also love a good run-on or two every now and then. Well thats all I can say for now but I'm eager and willing to get involved.

--Seth En-Saeur

#9477 PRT Seth En-Saeur
Apprentice to Sith Bloodfyre

Karel

02-12-2007 06:27:40

Don't forget guys there are two comps out, one writing one gaming, still plenty more time to go until deadline. Check out the fictional development thread too located here Also expect a report from yours truly later today. Keep the replies coming as I see not everyone has added their thoughts here ;)

Have a good weekend!

Ji

17-12-2007 00:55:14

Well, second post will be where first post should have been...

I am Huldrych Dusemer and I joined about... an hour ago :). While it doesn't get fresher than that, I hope to be able to make a significant contribution as soon as possible and keep contributing for a great long while.

Reading this little forum is extremely refreshing. This entire experience has been very overwhelming and I am not sure what to make of it, though I think I'll hide out in the Cestus forum until I get oriented.

I'm a Politik Wissenschaft und Deutsch Student at the University of New Mexico. Politics are my passion (as well as Star Wars) so don't get angry if I start to rant about the situation in Eastern Europe or if I start to preach about whack-job political ideals which make very little sense to anyone's logic except for my own (which is skewed and demented).

I do a lot of writing but it's mostly academic writing and I'm not very good at matching my creativity up with my writing (it tends to droll and get very jargon-filled), though that's a good thing when writing wiki articles so feel absolutely free to send me a PM or an email (rguar@unm.edu) if you need help.

My Xfire is KassandrosOfAthens and I will try and be on mIRC as much as possible (though I'll have to balance with my Red Orchestra unit).

Speaking of which, do you guys play any games?

I was referred to DJB from a Jedi Academy forum though I play pretty much everything. I don't play SWG anymore as my account was banned (for credit farming, which is ridiculous) and it's depressing how many pre-CU/pre-NGE items I lost so I cannot bring myself to make a new account (though I will if someone wants to play w/ me :)). Also I'm a big part of the Red Orchestra realism community so if you guys play, http://www.panzergrenadiers.com is our unit's website.

Apologies for the too long post...

Best Regards,
Huldrych Dusemer

(Also, where do I get the signature string? I'm sure it's in an obvious spot but I cannot find it)

Oh, Talismarr, I sent you an email saying pretty much this exact same thing but UNM sent it back saying the email doesn't exist. Tech problems on your end or mine?

Also again... sorry... I'm alright with Photoshop and have access to people who do it professionally, so I'd be happy to churn out amateur graphics or request professional ones from my friends.

Karel

17-12-2007 03:33:31

Yo Huldrych, glad to have you on board :)

To answer your games question, yes, we play just about every SW game around (Jedi academy, jedi outcast, X vs Tie series, Battlefront 1 & 2, Empire at War, etc) and we also play other games from time to time, I've seen Xbox Live matches so everything's possible if you find opponents. The gaming scene is interesting enough, just join #DBGaming and #Outerrim on IRC and watch out for competitions.

If you have any more questions direct them to me, Kaz, or Sato.

Good luck!

Ji

17-12-2007 04:44:51

I will, thank you. I plan on spending most of the day tomorrow on IRC and taking tests :o.

Fun!

Kazarelth

17-12-2007 05:42:07

Hello Dusemer!
First off I must say that it's very refreshing for us to see a new member taking so much interest and actively participating in these discussions :D
Good to have you on board the VSD Corsair, the home of Cestus.
And yes, I believe the problems were from my side. I didn't receive the subscribed topics' reply alerts for your previous posts here and the other thread. Well, all's well now. And you're a fiction writer too? FINALLY! :P {Await my report, sometime :P }

Ji

17-12-2007 14:38:12

Yeah no problem. I'm out of class for... 5 weeks... so I'll have plenty of time to do stuff. I submitted my history yesterday, it hasn't been approved yet, though. Would you mind reading it later to make sure everything adds up and fits? I wasn't sure of the current year and a few other details, so I hope it makes sense :D.

Bowan

26-06-2008 09:59:50

Well, time to breath some life into this topic again :)

I'm Bowan and I joined the Brotherhood a good month ago.

Since then I have been occasionally on IRC because I was in the process of moving to a new workplace and a new apartment and so on. The difficulty with that was that there are ~5000miles between my old place any my new one :w00t:
Or to put it in other words, I moved from Germany to China to our subsidiary to work here for a while.
So, the other information hidden in the line above is, I'm german. English isn't my first language but I'm pretty confident that my english isn't that bad :P

The other thing is, while I might still be an Apprentice, this isn't my first time with the Dark Brotherhood and I have been around when the DJB declared it's independence a looooong time ago. So I have a good idea what life in a clan looks like and I hope to enjoy it as much as I did a few years back.

So, I'm really looking forward to have a good time with you guys!

Kazarelth

27-06-2008 06:24:55

And Bowan is my new apprentice, yay! :P

Also, Bowan, as your new master I command you to hate Huldrych. He's an insect. I hate insects. :P :P

Huldrych: MAKE HASTE WITH THE RUN ON. Ask Sato to post.

Ji

27-06-2008 17:45:21

As your Aedile I command you to ... do something bad to Kazarelth!

Los los with the run on!

Kazarelth

28-06-2008 11:23:43

Well... eventually he'll kill me. Traditional master-student thing. {And the answer to your next question is yes, I'm already plotting Sero's demise :P}