Advice

Jalor Klestan

07-11-2007 17:23:19

Greetings Dark masters, ive recently joined the site and i have started my training RP but im having trouble putting it all togeather and wondered if anyone had some advice for this lowly novice?

NOV Jalor klenstan (Krath)/TYR/Marka Ragnos of Naga Sadow

RevengeX

07-11-2007 18:53:52

Be your character. If you're a Novice, you're at the lower level of the food chain, so don't pretend that you're a tertiary consumer. If your character sheet shows that you only have three points in strength, don't write, "The Dark Jedi quickly picked up his opponent by the neck and threw him across the room into the other wall fifty million feet away before the other could retaliate."

Proofreading is mutual. On the Internet, the words you type define and portray who you are, what kind of person you are. So, proofreading is essential to maintaining a good image. When you proofread, you are doing yourself a favor by portraying yourself as an intelligent person, and you are doing another person a favor by not wasting their time to force them to decipher your mistyped messages.

Have fun with it. Another, albeit stereotypical message, for you is, "If you don't have fun writing it, your audience won't have fun reading it." So, in order to let everyone have a fun time (going back to that mutual aspect of writing), have fun with your writing.

I hope that helped. :)

Jalor Klestan

07-11-2007 19:23:18

Be your character.  If you're a Novice, you're at the lower level of the food chain, so don't pretend that you're a tertiary consumer.  If your character sheet shows that you only have three points in strength, don't write, "The Dark Jedi quickly picked up his opponent by the neck and threw him across the room into the other wall fifty million feet away before the other could retaliate."

Proofreading is mutual.  On the Internet, the words you type define and portray who you are, what kind of person you are.  So, proofreading is essential to maintaining a good image.  When you proofread, you are doing yourself a favor by portraying yourself as an intelligent person, and you are doing another person a favor by not wasting their time to force them to decipher your mistyped messages.

Have fun with it.  Another, albeit stereotypical message, for you is, "If you don't have fun writing it, your audience won't have fun reading it."  So, in order to let everyone have a fun time (going back to that mutual aspect of writing), have fun with your writing.

I hope that helped. :)

thank you it sure did

dock alfar

21-12-2007 00:13:59

dont just write what is happening. write through all of your characters senses. tell what you are thinking, feeling, tasting, smelling, hearing. it helps people get into the story more.

just something else, what i like to do; if i am fighting someone who is a higher rank than me, dont let them kill me, i kill myself. shows honor. it is a really good death to write about, if you do it well, it really helps with the story line.

DarkAmiz

21-12-2007 03:47:47

torture is always fun to read.