Adding Weapons?

Debric

31-01-2007 07:50:18

How would I go about requesting that more weapons be added to the ACC? I have plenty of weapon ideas, but I just don't know who to talk to.

Dismal

31-01-2007 19:30:42

I'd talk to Brujah and Dalthid. HOwever, there are a bunch of weapons in the ACC Standard Weapons category, and if there isn't one you like, add it as a custom. :-)

Debric

31-01-2007 20:20:22

Just to give an example of what I'm talking about.

ACP Array Gun

The Accelerated Charged Particle Array Gun (commonly known as the ACP Array/Scatter Gun) was a short-range shotgun manufactured by Arakyd Industries.

The ACP gun was more suited for close quarters combat where extreme blast force was needed. Like all ACP weapons, the Array Gun was more effective against organic targets than droids. The gun could hold up to twenty-four cartridges at a time and required manual cocking to move the next round into the chamber.

--------------------------------

This would go under the blaster pistol/rifle skill, but is not available in the armory. By putting it in a special weapons slot, you are taking away from your total points for something that should be under one of the main skill sets.

I have absolutely no problem sending the ACC Staff a huge list of weapons with categories and pictures and details, but I just want to know if they would like it.

Actually, I'll email some ACC Staff now and ask them.

Dalthid

02-02-2007 19:31:48

this stuff annoys me just a bit because people don't actually read the compendium - maybe I shou;dn't have put all the pictures in it :P

"This is not all inclusive of weapons available, but should serve as a useful tool to those that require it." from the blasters. blades and explosives chapter.

If the weapon is SW "canon" and can be found in a viable online source (i.e. not wiki :P), then it doesn't need to be in the compendium; the judges will just have to look it up. However, if you are 'creating' the weapon, then you'll have to have it approved.

Debric

03-02-2007 12:04:13

Approved in a special weapons slot, or should someone just email you before a match saying, "Hey, this is a weapon that I would like to use that fits into Category XYZ. Can I use it?"

Dalthid

04-02-2007 11:55:10

"If the weapon is SW "canon" and can be found in a viable online source (i.e. not wiki), then it doesn't need to be in the compendium; the judges will just have to look it up. However, if you are 'creating' the weapon, then you'll have to have it approved."

if it's standard, then no - you don't have to use a custom slot and no, you don't have to request it apart from the challenge.