ACC Titles

Dalthid

26-03-2006 09:26:53

I finally got around to displaying the "Ace" and "Baron" titles on the ACC main menu - but was unexpectedly hit with "what the heck are those?" by a few people. Most know what the Champion and the Supreme Champion are, but Ace and Baron have not been publicized too much. Their creation was announced in the CM report back on 30 April 05 and they are specifically titles for Piloting Championships. There has been only 1 so far, so you haven't been missing anything - it's just hard for me to run them while I'm running the CHL's and doing both at the same time might be a nightmare :) Halcyon ran the last Piloting Championship Ladder (PCHL) for me, which was great because I was allowed to participate.

Anyway, to help clear things up about the titles, I have added a section to the ranks chapter of the ACC. The title of the chapter is now "ACC Ranks and Titles": http://www.darkjedibrotherhood.com/dbjedi/acc/acc_ranks.asp

here's what's there for the titles:

ACC Titles

The ACC also has 4 titles that are attainable (not to be confused with staff positions) through various competitions called 'Championship Ladders'. These Championship Ladders are generally run and judged by the Combat Master and are only made available in random intervals throughout the year. In instances where the CM participates, a third party judge may be appointed as Magistrate (M:CM) for the purposes of rating battles under those circumstances or the responsibility for the Ladder may be passed to a non-participating staff member (usually the DCM).

Champion [CH]: A 'lifetime' title that is never lost by the combatant as long as they remain a member of the ACC. This title is earned through Championship Ladders (CHL) hosted by the Combat Master. Any member of the ACC who is [CL:1] or higher may participate in a CHL whose battle specifics are generally restricted to; a 72 hour post time limit, hand to hand and lightsabres only. Members who already hold the title of 'Champion' may not participate in another CHL and must wait until the Supreme Championship Ladder (SCHL) is made available.

Supreme Champion [SCH]: A title in the ACC that represents the top "Champion" in the ACC. There can be only 1 Supreme Champion and the title can be lost (reverting it's holder back to "Champion" status) in the 'Supreme Championship Ladder (SCHL)'. The SCHL is only participated in by Champions of the ACC and will be run in random intervals throughout the year once there are 4 (or more) ACC Champions. Their goal: compete for the title of "Supreme Champion".

Ace [ACE]: A 'lifetime' title that is never lost by the combatant as long as they remain a member of the ACC. This title is earned through Piloting Championship Ladders (PCHL) hosted by the Combat Master or appointed representative. Any member of the ACC who is [CL:1] or higher may participate in a PCHL whose battle specifics are geared toward piloting. Often, members who do not possess piloting skill on their CS (or have less than a 3) will be granted a "3" in the skill for the purposes of the competition. Members who already hold the title of 'Ace' may not participate in another PCHL and must wait until the Baron's Championship Ladder (BCHL) is made available.

Baron [BRN]: A title in the ACC that represents the top "Piloting Champion" in the ACC. There can be only 1 Baron and the title can be lost (reverting it's holder back to "Ace" status) in the 'Baron's Championship Ladder (BCHL)'. The BCHL is only participated in by 'Aces' of the ACC and will be run in random intervals throughout the year once there are 4 (or more) Aces. Their goal: compete for the title of "Baron".

Hope that clears it up for you.