Advice for beginners

Ethen

22-08-2005 20:06:48

Hey I just submitted my Character Sheet. One of my characters major weaknesses is that his morale code restricts him from harming women. Can I still win a match against a female without harming them? Oh and what other advise would you suggest to a beginner such as me?

Callus

22-08-2005 20:37:48

Morale Code? you do know that this is a DARK JEDI club right? So that's the first peice of advice I would give you as a judge.

Secondly you might want to fight a few training matches in the training hall. And then move into the Qualification hall and get qualified and then battle for real.

Good luck and enjoy the ACC.
Drop me an e-mail if you need anything: callusbo'amar@gmail.com

Dalthid

23-08-2005 17:36:40

Morale Code? you do know that this is a DARK JEDI club right? So that's the first peice of advice I would give you as a judge.

Gonna have to second that. As a member of the DARK JEDI brotherhood - not the "I don't hit women cause that would be mean cause I'm a big burly man" brotherhood - you are honor bound to treat women equally. What? They're good enough to be Dark Jedi Masters, but not good enough to fight? Sounds sexist to me - we don't appreciate that here :P Besides, most of the active 'women' (i.e. female characters) in the ACC will whoop your butt whether you harm them or not cause they're good :)

Macron Sadow

23-08-2005 19:53:36

lol, true

Mike Halcyon

24-08-2005 03:41:36

Cute.

Ethen

26-08-2005 16:14:01

Sorry but thats how I am in real life I don't hit women now matter how strong/Weak they are. And even if this is the DARK JEDI brotherhood, I still think there is a code of honor to it. I might not like shoot them or something like that, but I could shoot something that could Idk accidently fall on them. If you think not hitting women is bad thats you, not me.

Ark Dowell

26-08-2005 16:27:37

Well, having that little 'Code of Honor' isn't all that bad, actually. It'd make for interesting matches. :P Also, you can always write that you hurt them, but 'indirectly.' If you wanted an easier time, it would be best to say that you don't attack women physically. But that doesn't restrict you from using Inflict Pain on them [IP]. See my point? It could get in the way of battle if you can't even make a move.

Of course, another idea would be just to not accept challenges from women, but that's just stupid and sexist. :P

Ethen

26-08-2005 17:33:55

I AM NOT SEXIST. I have nothing against them and I know they are good fighters, but I just refuse to harm women. If a women challenges me, then I will accept and just indirectly attack her as you said, but nothing more than that.

Ark Dowell

27-08-2005 06:35:41

I know you're not sexist, but still... That'll be hard write with. It may make you lose points in the Realism department. Like Callus said, we 'are' Dark Jedis. But if you're creative enough, things could sway in your favor. Heck, I have a character who enters fights drunk... As stated earlier, if you can use the idea, it'll make for interesting matches. Good luck! :)

Nekura Manji

27-08-2005 11:16:55

Y'know, if I was a woman and you were fighting me, I'd get quite offended about your refusal to fight properly. An ACC battle has two participants- if one of them's messing around it ruins the whole battle. If you're fighting with a female character and your opponent spends the whole match running away, trying to work out how not to attack you, then it's going to get really annoying really quick.

Dude... I understand the philosophy behind it, but read what Callus/Dal/Mike have said. Read the message at the top of your window. 'Dark Jedi' Brotherhood. Not Light Jedi.

I suggest you challenge someone like Telona. She'll beat some sense into ya. :D

Ethen

27-08-2005 17:59:43

no amount of "beating" or "whooping' will make me change my mind on not harming women directly. Maybe I was being a little vague, I won't KILL them, if i could, I might like telekenticly choke them into submission whenever i get that priveldge, but beyond that is not right to me.

Ark Dowell

27-08-2005 20:57:11

In that case, go for it. If you feel that you can handle using a handicap such as this, it will, as stated, make for interesting matches. Good luck. And remember, if you're having troubles, change your CS. But until then, try it out and see if you can make it work. Enough said from me. Ark out for now...

Dalthid

27-08-2005 22:27:15

It's funny - they spend all this time trying to get 'equal rights' and folks like Ethan go and screw it up :P

Nekura Manji

28-08-2005 04:40:31

My thoughts exactly. What about all those suffragettes chaining themselves to railings? Think about their feelings! :P

Ethen

28-08-2005 16:09:35

[Expletive Deleted F-word] it, Fine You win. You happy now?

Callus

04-09-2005 01:23:17

were alwase happy when we corrupt another into our sad family :P

Kaine Mandaala

04-09-2005 03:42:02

Get a henchman and make them fight for you.

Dark Jedi can have a moral code, it's all in how you RP it. Kaine is usually Lawful Evil, which means he doesn't break the law and actually enforces it. He will also work loopholes in the law to get his way.

Anonymous

04-09-2005 15:00:24

my charactor does that too :D

Ood Bnar

04-09-2005 17:07:41

lovely

i live by one moral code: what hurts me gets hurt!
quite an easy code to live by! and i like it

Ark Dowell

04-09-2005 20:39:18

I have a moral code as well! I always stop the battle to take a drink! :)

Jaymz

03-01-2006 10:06:25

Marine Corps Saying:

If it moves, kill it

Dalthid

04-01-2006 16:04:08

err...that's not reserved for the Marines, thank you very much :P

Macron Sadow

12-02-2006 11:59:12

here's a tip for beginners:

Use a notepad or spreadsheet to keep tally of your Force point usage... it helps. I do.

Rage

13-02-2006 04:11:55

Thats right when i right it into a word doc (i write then paste into the battle) i keep a tally on top