1st ACC CHL

Dalthid

14-08-2005 11:10:46

It must be said that no combatant really has an ‘easy’ journey in the Combat Centre, especially climbing the rungs of the Championship Ladder. There is no Clan, no Order and no ally that can make the road any less taxing; only the personal skills of each fighter will determine success or failure.

32 Combatants began this ladder. Over the four month course the field was whittled down to two, SBL Vessicant and KE Dark Sabre.

The Road of the Epis: DJK Fire-Knight, DJM Shan Long, DJK Callus Bo’Amar, DA Xanos Sadow

The Road of the Battlelord: OPM Korras, SWL Syn Kaek, OE Raistlin Sadow, DA Corran Halcyon Arconae

There were surprising victories and equally astonishing defeats, but the key to winning became consistency. One combatant emerges victorious with some of the best writing I have seen from him, to date. He bested his opponents as an ‘underdog’ (in my original assumptions) and seemed to come out of the woodwork with a level of writing that I didn’t, at all, expect. He rose to the challenge of the Championship Ladder and proved that you need to raise the bar in a CHL because the ‘same ol’ stuff’ isn’t going to cut it.

First, as was his choice, he has selected the “Whisper of Pain” from the ACC Armory (http://www.darkjedibrotherhood.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=1026) to weild in battle in the Combat Centre. A prize worth having, but not nearly as important as the following:

It is my honor to bestow upon, SBL Vessicant, the title of “Champion of the Antei Combat Centre”

Congratulations!

DA Dalthid
Combat Master

Halcyon

14-08-2005 11:18:44

Great job Vess! And kudos goes out to DS at well. They both wrote a fantastic final match, worthy of such a competition!

Uzbad

14-08-2005 19:28:18

Congratz Vess. Now you must try and beat Dalthid, for the supreme chanpionship. But that;ll be a while while the other champs are found...

Vessicant

14-08-2005 20:49:17

/me bows respectfully

Thanks, all.

And thanks to my opponents. A truly great story is up to both parties. It's been an honour and a fun time.

So much writing.....

Nekura Manji

15-08-2005 05:53:24

Sweet job, Vess- and well deserved. In a way, I'm kinda glad Halc beat me... I wouldn't have liked to face you in the final :D

Callus

17-08-2005 12:14:20

I've got a question. What is road of the Epis?

Nekura Manji

17-08-2005 12:28:55

The people DS fought on the way to the final. Duh.

*smacks Callus with the trademark wet fish* :P

Callus

17-08-2005 20:53:48

Oh well... ok. Don't smack me again.